How To Apply
What Everyone Needs to Know:
For advertised job listings at ACAD, all applicants are encouraged to:
- Review the qualifications, application requirements, and closing date for the position of interest.
- Submit a separate application for each posting (unless specifically instructed otherwise in the details of the posting).
- Clearly identify the name of the position and the competition number in your submission.
- Submit a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references as a PDF document.
- Submit applications in electronic format.
- Send all required electronic support material in one package.
- An application that does not include all required support material will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- Do not submit files that are not fully PC compatible.
- Do not submit material that requires software, plug-ins, extensions or other executables to be downloaded or installed.
- Please test the files before submitting to ensure that they have been formatted correctly and are readable and intact.
- Applications must be received no later than the closing date published in the posting.
- Although all complete submissions will be considered, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Application materials will not be returned. ACAD thanks all applicants in advance for their interest.
Extra Information Regarding Submissions to Faculty Postings:
- At a minimum, applicants are required to submit an up to date curriculum vitae (CV); the names and contact information for three (3) professional references; evidence of research, professional practice, creative activities, publications, and/or exhibitions; and evidence of teaching experience as appropriate to the posting.
- Applicants to permanent faculty appointments: please submit three (3) letters of reference to Human Resources. Referees may may direct their letters directly to HR@ACAD.ca (recommended) or letters may be mailed to the College at 1407 14 Avenue NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 4R3, "Attention HR - confidential". Note that the selection process may begin immediately at the end of the posting period and that letters of reference need to be in by then to ensure that they are considered.
- Please review the posting carefully for any requests for information supplemental to the minimums listed above.
- Additional information required may include items such as a letter of application; statement(s) outlining philosophies and practices regarding teaching; a list of courses taught with course descriptions; digital photos of professional work; etc.
- Our preference is to have all materials and required information packaged into a single pdf document for electronic submission through our careers page.
- Submit video using a link to a public server such as Vimeo or You Tube or provide a link to your own website.
Please note: our maximum file size for uploads is 10MB. If your file is too large, please proceed with submitting it in multiple parts.